This dish from my childhood is a perfectly balanced Mediterranean salad, versatile in its use and ingredients and so quick to put together. Perfect for your lunch box, for dinner, as a main or as a side, this vegetable-based dish contains all macro nutrients in balance. This salad, rich source of omega-3, protein, and antioxidants is a go-to to support optimum health and vitality.Ingredients
• 400g green beans, trimmed
• 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, and flaked
• 250g grape tomatoes, halved
• 3/4 cup black olives
• 2 baby cos lettuce hearts, leaves separated, washed
• 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, quartered
• 1 quantity nicoise dressingOptional
• 2 sweet potatoes, or 2 potatoes freshly boiled, cut in small bites
• 1 cucumber, sliced
• 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, halved lengthways
• 1/3 cup olive oil;
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar;
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Celtic salt & Freshly ground pepper to taste
1- Make dressing: Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
2- Steam sweet potatoes and green beans. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
3- Add tuna, tomato, olives, lettuce, to sweet potatoes and green beans mixture. Arrange eggs and anchovies on top and sprinkle with dressing. Toss gently to combine just before serving.