Kale Lentil Breakfast Bowl
This hearty breakfast is the perfect start for an energetic day as it allies quality protein with vegetable right from the start.
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 leaves kale, cut into thin strips
– 1 cup cooked lentils
– 2 large eggs
– 1/4 cup natural yogurt
– 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
– Sea salt
– Black pepper
1. In a pan, heat 1 tsp of the olive oil over medium low heat. Add garlic and kale and cook, stirring, until kale is wilted, about 2 minutes. Add lentils and continue cooking until
warmed through. Divide mixture between 2 bowls.
2. Wipe your pan add remaining tsp of olive oil. Heat over low heat and crack eggs one at a time. Cover and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 1-2 minutes,
3. Remove eggs from heat and place one into each bowl with the lentil and kale mixture.
4. Serve each bowl with 2 tbsp yogurt and sprinkled with parsley, salt and pepper.
Cook lentils the day before or use canned lentils, thoroughly rinsed under running water.
On working days, prepare all ingredients, except the eggs, the night before or use boiled eggs. Keep in the fridge covered. In the morning, cook the eggs if not using boiled eggs, add them to the bowl and enjoy!