A fantastic dish for hormonal balance packed with vegetable and blood balancing beans. It ticks all the boxes: nutrient and fibre rich, quick to prepare, easy to cook in batches and… delicious!
Serve = 6 servings (1.5 cups per serving)
– 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 large onion, diced
– 2 large carrots, chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 * 400 g cans of diced tomatoes
– 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 cups low-salt chicken or vegetable stock
– 1.5 cup of water
– 4 cups of kale or spinach, chopped
– ¼ cup whole grain fusilli
– ½ tsp chili flakes
– ¼ tsp pepper
– 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
– 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
Heat a large pot over medium heat; add oil and onion and sauté until almost cooked, approximately 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add carrots and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add tomatoes, beans, chicken stock and water. Bring to boil.
Add kale, whole meal fusilli, chili flakes and pepper. Bring back to boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Add basil and balsamic vinegar, if using, and serve.