Gut Healing Smoothie
If you’re on a journey to promote good gut health, this creamy nutrient-dense gut-healing smoothie is the perfect way to start your day.
Kefir* is a great source of beneficial bacteria for your gut. Here, kefir shares the spotlight with phytonutrients and fibre. In this delicious creamy breakfast smoothie, you get all your need for a good gut start: probiotics, phytonutrients, prebiotics, minerals, and vitamins.
Ingredients (Per person)
- A handful of raw almonds (30 grams)
- A handful of raw cashews (30 grams)
- 1 cup of dairy home-made organic kefir*
- 1 handful of mixed frozen or fresh berries of your choice
- 30 gram of rolled oats
- A handful of crushed ice or ice cubes – if you like your smoothie extra thick
- Combine in a high-speed blender until thick and mousse-like or the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
If your blender is not capable of very high speed, blend the nuts first before adding the other ingredients.
The recipe can be modified to suit what you have on hand – and what variations you prefer. As long as it has kefir, phytochemicals and fibre, you are good to go.