Garlic Broccoli & Beans
For Hormonal Detox & Resilience
This quick-to-prepare balanced meal is a must for hormonal detox, digestive health and stress resilience:
– The sulforaphane in broccoli and the overall fibre content promotes optimal estrogen detoxication,
– The fibre assists healthy gut elimination and supports a healthy balanced microbiome
– It brings to the table key nutrients to support your nervous system.
You can add easily some quinoa, brown rice or additional greens to this dish for additional benefits and satiety.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side
For the beans
- 1 head of broccoli, thick stalk removed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced
- Some extra virgin olive oil
- 2 × 400g cans of butter beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt or coconut yogurt
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
For the pesto
- 40g almonds, toasted or sunflower seeds for nut-free alternative
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 handful of fresh basil (about20g)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 6–10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 – To make the pesto, simply add all the ingredients to a blender, season with salt and pepper and blitz until smooth. Add more olive oil or water to let it blend easily if needed.
2- Cut the broccoli into small, bite-sized pieces – the smaller the better in this recipe. Blanch the broccoli by simply covering it with boiling water and letting it sit for 2–3 minutes until it has softened but is still crunchy, then drain.
3- Add the garlic to a large frying pan on medium heat with some olive oil and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add the broccoli, butter beans and cherry tomatoes. Stir in the courgette, yoghurt, lemon zest, pesto and pepper.