Whole food – Warm Food – Comforting Food – Quick to cook.
Happiness can be found simply by sharing a Seafood Stew
And it’s a delicious way of adding omega-3 into your diet for a good mood, healthy brain and glowing skin.
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 4 anchovies fillets
- 4 spring onions
- ½ – 1 fresh red chilli
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 125 mL white wine
- 700 g passata
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 400 g mixture of fish fillets (monfish, red mullet, John Dory, sea bass, whiting)
- 400 g mussels and clams, scrubbed and clean
- 4 large raw shell-on king prawns
- Halve the fennel and reserve the leafy tops. Blend the fennel with the anchovies, the trimmed spring onions and chilli until finely chopped.
- On high heat, mix in a casserole pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil , stirring regularly. Add one crushed garlic clove and wine in the pan and let it cook. Pour in the passata and 350 mL of boiling water, tear in most of the basil and add salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish so you’ve got 4 even sized chunks of each type. Add all the seafood to the pan), cover with the lid and boil.
- Once the mussels and clams are open (throw away any unopened mussels and clams, the fish will be cooked through (approximately 4 minutes). Season to taste and serve with the remaining basil leaves and fennel tops.
Delicious when served with a saffron sauce and rice. See below
1 clove of garlic,
1 pinch of saffron,
3 heaped tbsp. natural yogurt,
Crush the peeled garlic with a pinch of salt and saffron in a pestle and mortar, then add the yogurt and a squeeze of lemon juice.